Friday, April 18, 2008

Here We Are!







Well, Here we are in all of our greatness. I saw Jamie start her blog and help us keep posted on her family and baby. I don't know how organized and consistent I can be at these postings but I will do my best. I will try to post every weekend from now on and hope to include pictures and stories from our family.

I suppose the real news in our family is the arrival of Ryland, he was born April 3, 2008 at 12:45 p.m. He weighed 7 pounds 8 ounces, 20 inches long. He and mom are doing well recovering more and more everyday. He is doing all the things that a two week old does; sleep, eat and ... well, you know. Let's just say we're going through plenty of diapers. We are adapting to being outnumbered now, as they say, before we could play man to man, now we are going to the zone defense. Skyler and Madison are loving life as big sisters and playing with their little brother.

For a quick update on where we're all at. Skyler turned 4 this past October and is loving all the new things she's learning. She loves letting us know all the things she has learned and knows. She loves being mom's little helper. Madison just turned two on April 10th and loves following Skyler around and trying to do everything her big sister can do. Ryland at just over two weeks old enjoys sleeping, sleeping, crying & sleeping some more. But he is oh so sweet and precious to us. Mom and Dad are just trying to keep up with these three. Shauna keeps extremely busy at home with the girls and baby, helping keep the house in order while also starting online courses at the local community college. I stay busy with my cushy Monday thru Friday job and try my best to bring our house to the ground with every project I embark on as an amateur handyman.

All in all, we are doing wonderful. We love spending time with each other and just hanging out. We'll keep you posted on all our new endeavors and excitement that goes on here.

2 comments:

Pyatt said...

Jake,

That blog is so cute!! I think yous should keep it updated!! It's a great way to see your kids more often in pictures and it's the easiest thing I've found. Anyway--we are looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend. Take care!

Jamie

stubz said...

hey,
It's your cousin Micah. We moved to Gilbert, AZ at the beginning of the year. Our kids are almost the same exact age of your youngest two. Jackson turned two on March 25 and Lacey was born March 13. When things settle down a little bit we'll have to have you guys over for dinner or something.