Thursday, July 10, 2008

4th of July fun...mostly

4th of July morning started out great. We went to our ward 4th of July breakfast which was packed fun with a parade and pancakes and then water fun (you can do that kinda stuff here in Arizona when it is 100 degrees at 8:00 in the morning!) The girls had fun as you can see from the pictures going down the slip and slide.

Of course Jake had to get into the action and decided he was going to take a jug of ice water and surprise a couple of guys in our ward by dumping the freezing water on them. I was sad that I didn't actually get a picture of him doing it...but you can see Jake in the back of the picture by the orange jug. Don't think Jake went home dry...they definitely got revenge. so you are probably wondering what in the world this picture is of...

here's what happened....we had gone to our stake center to watch the fire works that were going off down the road at the high school. We were getting packed up to leave afterwards and I hear Madison start crying. I run over to where she is sitting on the grass and see a bunch of ants crawling all over her. Sad huh? I got a few ants on me when I was trying to get them off her and it hurt!...I can't even image how it felt with as many ants as she had on her. She got bites mostly on her ankles but some on her back and stomach. So this is a picture of what one of her legs looked like the following day. Her leg was so swollen...when she first woke up the next day she wouldn't walk...she would crawl around cause it hurt so bad. It took a couple of days for the swelling to go away and now she just has a bunch of scabs all over.

To finish off our wonderful 4th of July weekend... on Sunday, Madison decided when she woke up from her nap that she was going to take off her poopy diaper and play in it. Needless to say she rubbed it all over the wall...her crib and her legs. We decided to spare you and not take any pictures...we will let you use your imagination! Happy 4th!!

6 comments:

Pyatt said...

Oh my gosh!!! Poor Madi!!! That looks awful!!! That is one for the record books and thanks for sparing the photos on the poopy play date! :) Sounds like you had a fun 4th...of course we would have preferred having you guys with us!! We love you and have fun in Oregon!

Elizabeth said...

okay so your 4th of july sounded fun until Madison got ant bites! I can't even believe that happened to her! i knew that ants bit but have never actually seen it happen before! that's so sad.
I've DEFINITELY been there with the poopy diaper! Taylor used to do that all of the time, I finally had to start taping her diaper!

krista said...

Oh man, that looks like it hurts bad. I have never seen ant bites before. I hope they go away soon and they don't hurt too much!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Jake-
How on earth did you find us?! I had heard from your mom and sisters that you guys lived in Arizona... but I can't remember what part. If you're out in the east valley area, we should try to get our families together sometime. Your kids are adorable. Hopefully I can meet them in person!

Diane said...

This is your cousin Diane. How are you? I am so sorry about madison :(

JonandLo said...

Hi Jake, yes, Brad Biggerstaff did go to Ricks in 98. He is a fun friend from BYU...a little bit of a crazy guy, but we had a blast w/ him and his roomies. Small world I guess. You guys look great..keep the pics coming!