Friday, August 7, 2009

Summer Fun

What a summer! I can't believe it is coming to an end already! Skyler starts school on wednesday. I can't believe she is going to be going to kindergarten! They just grow up way to fast! Well, I have been really bad at blogging this summer...so here is a look back at all the fun things we did.

SWIMMMING LESSONS



The girls were in swim lessons at the beginning of June and the water was still so cold then! I did a class with madison while my neighbor watched Ryland which was way fun to do with her, but way too cold! Next year we will definitely do them more toward the end of summer when the water feels like bath water. ( but then you get fried so I guess there is no way to win)

FUN IN SAN DIEGO!

Can't go to San Diego without eating with Grandpa at the Jack in the Box headquarters at Jack's Jack!

We got to go to San Diego for a week and play with Jakes family. The kids had so much fun playing with all their cousins! We went to the San Diego Zoo one day which is such a fun zoo to go to!

OREGON

Four days after we got back from San Diego me and the kids took off to Oregon to visit my family for 2 1/2 weeks.

Skyler loved playing with her cousin Gracie
Kinda funny...my mom had skyler try on my dress that I wore on the first day of kindergarten (yeah she still had it :) ) Deffinitely out of style these days...

Skyler and Papa headed off to church
cool dude!


My Aunt and Uncle have a beach house that we went and stayed at for a couple of days. The kids loved playing on the beach and in the water!
Fun at the lake in Vancover, WA
The kids loved playing in Grandma's back yard. They didn't like coming back to 108 + heat and not being able to go outside and play.

FAMILY CAMPING TRIP

Last weekend we went camping for the first time as a family with our new tent that was big enough to fit a queen size blow up mattress two twin size mattresses and Ryland's pack and play. It worked out really nicely and we had so much fun. We can't wait to go camping again with Dave and Jamie in Sept.!

can't forget the Smores!

Ryland had lots of fun playing in the dirt!

We had fun seeing all the beautiful scenery, walking around trails and lakes and even seeing a few dear and Elk while we were there.
Lets just say we were filthy by the end of it!

WHAT A FUN SUMMER! THANKS FAMILY FOR MAKING IT SO MUCH FUN! WE HAD SO MUCH FUN MAKING THE ROUNDS AND SEEING EVERYONE! WE LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Looks like you guys had fun camping!!

The blogging Bakers said...

I love all those pictures, the camping looked fun who would have thought that Jake could start a fire:) just teasing Jake, air mattress camping may be something I can handle.