Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day of School

Today was Skylers first day of pre-k. She was so exited! We went the other day to an open house to meet her teacher and see her classroom. Since Skyler's bithday is in October she misses the deadline for kindergarten so they have a special program that allows those kids whose birthday are between sept. and Dec. to go to school for almost three hours everyday..the best part of it is that it is free! Beats paying to get her into a preschool! And ofcourse it gets her ready for a full day of kindergarten next year. And ofcourse gives mom a break.



She was so excited when we were picking out her backpack!
It was so funny cause she kept thinking she needed to pose while I was taking her picture
This is Skyler's friend Olivia that is in her class. Someone to carpool with...yeah! Ohh yeah I was just informed that flip flops are not allowed...thats all we Arizonians wear! It's way to hot to put normal shoes on let alone socks!! Ohh well...guess I will have to go dig out some socks and shoes...if she has any.

9 comments:

Mel said...

She looks soo cute! I am glad you have that program right by you....she is going to just eat it up!

The blogging Bakers said...

I am so jealous of free preschool. Skyler looks so cute with her backpack, I bet she has so much fun. Love the pics!!!!

Pyatt said...

I can't handle how stinking cute she looks...so grown up!! Good choice on the back pack Skyler...it's way cute!! Love you guys!

krista said...

I love how she poses for the camera. And I can't believe how BIG she is. She really is so so cute.

Erin said...

FIRst off I cant believe you guys have a child that goes to school and Second Skyler looks so much like shauna....holy cow. Happy first day of school.

Candace said...

She's so cute! So excited for her first day. That pre-K sounds awesome. I wonder if they have that here in Colorado.

Heidi said...

Hey, hows she liking school?!? How are you liking it?? ha! Just wait until it all day next year, it's great! Okay, so we need to get together, call me.

Kohnie said...

I cannot believe how big she is getting! She looks darling in her new school outfit and backpack!!

Pyatt said...

Shauna--I tagged you...check out my blog and then put it on yours...:) We love you guys!